Statement of Faith
So that we may have unity among us, know and speak the same foundations of our faith,
and have integrity in presenting our witness of Yeshua (Jesus) the Messiah,
we hereby establish that Beth Shalom Messianic Jewish Fellowship holds to:
1. All Scripture is given by the Breath/Spirit of G-d, and is to be used for doctrine, for reproof, correction, and instruction in righteousness. 2 Timothy 3:16.
2. Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our G-d, the LORD is One. The nature of G-d is a compound unity expressed in the aspects of the Father, Yeshua His Son and Messiah, and the Holy Spirit. Deuteronomy 6:4, Matthew 28:19.
3. G-d and His Word are eternal, that is He, His Word and His will has always and will always be the same. Malachi 3:6, Hebrews 13:8, Matthew 5:18; 24:35.
4. The Sabbath, the seventh day of the week, is the created holy day of G-d, which He gave to mankind and covenanted with His people as a sign forever. Exodus 31:16, Genesis 2:2-3, Isaiah 58:13-14, Matthew 12:8.
5. Yeshua of Natzeret is the Messiah of Israel, the Savior of the world, the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. He is G-d who appeared among mankind in the flesh, and now is glorified with all power in Heaven and in Earth, at the right hand of the Father. John 1:12-14.
6. Messiah Yeshua is the ultimate and final Passover Lamb required for the removal of sins. He died and rose from the dead three days afterward, as the first fruits of those who have died. Everyone who repents of their sins, and trusts that Yeshua is the Messiah, who died as our Passover Lamb and rose again, they are forgiven their sins and come into a renewed covenant with G-d through Him and therefore become inheritors of all the promises of G-d made with Abraham and Israel. Isaiah 53, Romans 10:9-11, 1 Corinthians 5:7; 15:20
7. Through repentance and faith, the New/Renewed Covenant in Messiah Yeshua brings with it a new creation of the human spirit. The Laws of G-d are planted inside so that the Holy Spirit may indwell there. An external immersion in water (baptism) is performed as an outward sign and confirmation to declare that this has indeed taken place. Jeremiah 31:31-34, Ezekiel 39:29.
8. The various enablements (gifts) of Ruach HaKodesh (Holy Spirit) are given with authority to all those who ask G-d and obey His commandments. It is the Promise of our Father to give us the power of the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him. Each follower should seek to be filled with the various enablements of the Spirit, who gives as He wishes. Isaiah 28:11-12, Luke 11:13, Acts 1:4-5; 2:4; 5: 32, 1 Corinthians 12: 1-13.
9. The people of G-d are a holy, called-out congregation, which is not of this world, in order to gather and celebrate Him at His appointed Holy Feasts, and to shine as lights of truth in the darkness. Exodus 19:6, Leviticus 23, Matthew 16:18, 1 Peter 2:9.
10. The goals of the people of G-d are:
a.) To be followers of Yeshua the Messiah, maturing into the example He left us. Ephesians 4:13.
b.) To be holy (separated from the world) as our Father is holy. Therefore, we are to learn and act on those things which makes us holy in His sight. Leviticus 11:44-45, Ephesians 5:27.
c.) To be righteous (right decision making) and godly (forgiving) in this world. Titus 2:12.
d.) To be clean, first in our conscious inner man, and then also in our outward walk accordingly as we grow in the Spirit and understanding of the Word. Psalm 51:10, 1 Thessalonians 4:7.
e.) To be full of love for one another, thus proving we are Yeshua's disciples; and caring for a lost world, to bring the message of the Good News of Yeshua to the Jew first and also to the Gentiles. John 13:34-35, Romans 1:16.
11. The promise of a continually faithful trust in Yeshua, while walking according to the will of G-d, is resurrection from the dead, eternal life and ruling with Yeshua forever in the place where His Kingdom will rule. He will yet rule in Jerusalem/Zion, and finally in New Jerusalem in the New Creation forever. Revelation 19-22.
12. Yeshua will judge all mankind of all acts and words ever committed. He will decide the sentence for punishment, and all those not meeting His standard will be sent away from His presence, into outer darkness and eternal punishment of the sin. Matthew 25:31-46, Revelation 20.
13. The final plan of G-d for Israel is to bring the remnant of the faithful Jewish people, and the remnant of those believers who are Gentiles recovered from the world by faith, back together and united into one holy people under one Shepherd, namely Yeshua the Messiah, thus completing the tearing down of the wall of partition. This is a necessary part of the restoration of all things spoken by the prophets. Hosea 1-2, John 17, Romans 9:26, Ephesians 2, Acts 3:21.